With over 2 million Kiwis accessing Facebook every day, it’s not a channel most companies can ignore, but with so much data and stats around, what really matters to marketers is what’s local.
I love stats articles, but for little ole’ New Zealand it can be hard finding local data.
I hope this round-up of all the recent Facebook stats empowers your team to give Facebook the attention it deserves, and allows you to do a little bench-marking along the way to see how your efforts compare.
So without further ado, let’s have a spy on what New Zealanders have been up to on Facebook lately:
2.9 million Facebook users in New Zealand
- Facebook says 2.9 million New Zealanders have an active account in 2017.
- That’s 61% of all Kiwis, or 90% of us aged 15 or older.
It’s not like we can take it or leave it either:
- 2.3 million Kiwis check Facebook every day.
But how often does our addiction take hold?
- Kiwis check Facebook 14 times per day on average.
- That adds up to a whopping 50 minutes a day. Wow.
Good news for marketers too:
- 20% of NZ users follow company pages.
Even better if you’re after the youth like, as the younger the audience, the more likely they are to like a company’s page. Pretty heartening stuff:
- 43% of 18 to 29 year olds follow a company page.
- 38% of 30 to 39 year olds follow a company page.
New Zealand Facebook User Demographics
What do Kiwi Facebook users look like?
Who run the world? Girls
54% of Kiwis on Facebook are female (and 82% of Kiwi mums use Facebook every day):